Participants’ Blogs or Websites
- Denise Brosseau, http://www.thoughtleadershiplab.com/Blog/
- Rosemary Hossenlopp, http://pm-perspectives.com/blog-2/
- Cheryl Jones, http://simplythebestresults.com/blog/
- Mary LoVerde, http://maryloverde.wordpress.com
- Bonnie Mattick, http://www.unforgettableoutcomes.com/blog
- Karen Snyder, http://karensnyder.com/blog/
- Trudy Triner, http://www.trudytriner.com
- Caitlin Williams, http://drcaitlinwilliams.com/blog/
Learning Buddies — click to email
- Karen Snyder & Denise Brosseau
- Trudy Triner & Cheryl Jones
- Caitlin Williams & Bonnie Mattick
- Rosemary Hossenlopp & Mary LoVerde
- If you haven’t started your blog yet, order the SNN teleseminar recording “How to Start a Blog: A Step-by-Step Guide” with Tom Gray. It includes a thorough handout with screen shots. Get at least one posting up before the first session.
- If you can’t make a session, please listen to the recording ASAP, as you’ll want to work on your homework and get it to your buddy and me. Everyone will be sent a link to the recording as soon as it’s available.
- You may want to explore some resources to help you set up or do the tech part of what we discuss. If so, I have some vetted vendors — people I’ve used and trust — listed at https://makingmoneyinjammies.com/vetted-vendors/
- If you need a refresher on what we’ll cover, go to https://makingmoneyinjammies.com/mini-courses/maximize-and-monetize-your-blog/
Register with GoToWebinar
Following is the GoToWebinar registration link. Even though you’ve already registered with me, you need to also register (it’s free) with them through. Do this now as the system will send you reminders and will make it quicker to sign in on our coursette day.
Homework and Recording Links
After each session, your homework and the recording link will be posted here.
July 10, 11:00-12:00 PST/2:00-3:00 EST
Increase Your Blog’s Findability by Crystallizing Your Focus
Please send your responses — even if they are brief — to your buddy by the date you agreed on, and to me by noon Wed. I will comment on what I think will be relevant to the others, so your homework may or may not get my comments.
- Write a sentence on specifically who your blog would benefit and what they struggle with that you can help with
- Identify 10 keywords that your perfect customer would use to search for what you offer. This is someone who doesn’t yet know you so they wouldn’t use your name, company name, tag line, etc. Take a stab at these – they don’t have to be perfect.
- Set up Google Alerts on those phrases, your name, URL(s), book title(s)
- Buy and read before the coursette is done: Don’t Make Me Think by Steve Krug and Big Red Fez by Seth Godin
- Bonus: Go through any tutorials for your blog’s theme to understand what SEO features you can use.
- Optional: Hire Derek Thomas (http://www.warriorforum.com/warriors-hire/121299-keyword-services-dominate-1st-page-google-rank-1-any-niche-100s-raving-reviews.html) to help you determine your keywords.
Interesting article,“Make Money Blogging: 20 Lessons Going from 0 to $100,000 per Month”
Rosemary suggests: Good visual on SEO factors: http://searchengineland.com/seotable/
Watch the recording. If it doesn’t play in Windows Media Player try Quicktime. It worked fine for me.
July 17, 11:00-12:00 PST/2:00-3:00 EST
Posting Content Regularly So You’re Seen as an Expert
Plugins — do a search from your plugins section of your blog to install them to your blog
- Akismet — catches most spam comments.
- Google Analytics for WordPress
- Jetpack by WordPress.com
- Really simple Facebook Twitter share buttons
- WordPress Database Backup
- WordPress Mobile Pack
- Look at your analytics to determine what brought people to your blog. Note what they entered to find you.
- Come up with 10-12 posting topics that would address your target readers’ struggles. Write at least one before our next session. Post it to your blog.
- Calendar due dates/times for each new posting
- Go back to previous posts and add compelling questions at the end to encourage comments
- Add your primary keyword tags
- Comment on one of your buddy’s recent postings
- Extra credit: visit all coursette participants’ blogs and make at least one comment on each.
- Join NSA_Bloggers group at www.groups.yahoo.com (you don’t have to be an NSA member to join)
- Comment Guidelines sample: http://www.datinggoddess.com/about/comment-guidelines
July 24, 11:00-12:00 PST/2:00-3:00 EST
Creating Alliances with Other Bloggers to Increase Readership and Sales
- Follow the Alert links back to the sites and reach out (phone or email) to the site owners
- List the relevant sites on your blogroll and request they do the same
- Ask if you can help them get more traffic by posting one of their articles on your site, interviewing them, etc. Depending on how receptive they are, request they do the same.
- If the blogger has a book or product relevant to your readers, offer to review it on your blog. At some point suggest they review your products.
- Denise’s WordPress guy: Nir Appleton email@example.com
- A pal says, “This book is the best treatment of all the options available if you want a book. Of all the books I bought this got the most wear and opened my eyes to all it can do.” http://www.amazon.com/Professional-WordPress-Development-Hal-Stern/dp/0470560541
- Interesting 4-minute video about how you can influence how prospects can find you on the web: http://effectivemarketingontheweb.com
July 31, 11:00-12:00 PST/2:00-3:00 EST
Creating Books from Your Blog and Other Revenue Ideas
Click here for the sample of using teasers in your ezine that point to your postings
- Write the sales copy for the end of each posting
- Write your advertising guidelines/costs (optional)
- How could you turn your postings into a book, eBook, tips booklet or special report?
- What webinar could you offer your readers? Could you joint venture w/another blogger?
Bonus for you!
My friend Carla Rieger interviewed me for her group of speakers on How to Speak Internationally. You can listen here or download: http://www.carlarieger.com/how-to-speak-internationally/
I presented a webinar for Book Cafe on how to spin your book into additional products. You can listen here or download.